Looking for barcelona apartments for sale? Can’t choose between a luxurious penthouse and a small condo in the heart of the city? Don’t worry, today we’re going to discuss the main rules and secrets of buying property in Barcelona. You’re going to know which part of the city is more suitable if having a tight budget, and which part of the city is considered to be a little bit more family-friendly than others.
So, let’s get started.
Main Rules of Investing in Spanish Property
First of all, let’s talk about the main rules of investing in Barcelona property in general. What real estate should you pay attention to and which one is better to avoid because of a too high price and extremely disadvantageous conditions?
- Always check if the price is fair. How? The secret is that there are no fixed market prices for houses and apartments for sale in Barcelona. You can choose two apartments located in the same building and they will differ in price. The approximate calculations can be around 400 000 euros if buying the flat of 120-130 square metres. Of course, everything depends on the condition of the property, but this calculation should be your main guide when looking for Barcelona apartments for sale.
- Don’t forget to take into account the tax that you will have to pay in the end. It differs depending on the size of the house/flat.
- Using help from real estate agent or specialized property website is a must to find something worth the cost in such a big city like Barcelona. You wouldn’t be able to manage everything by yourself just going from one street to another looking for a perfect building to live in.
Houses and Apartments in Barcelona
Barcelona is divided in multiple neighbourhoods (70+), which differ in style, budget, and size. Newcomers experience some difficulties in choosing which part of the city they like most to get the property there. Anyway, there are some common neighbourhoods, which are perfect to look for flats and houses for sale in barcelona.
So, when you start searching for a new home, first of all pay attention at the following parts of the city.
- El Gotic. This neighbourhood is located in the center of the city. So, it is probably a good choice for young people rather than a family with children, who may prefer some quiet place with more fresh air and less overcrowded streets. If you want a place with noisy atmosphere, a lot of people and activities around, definitely choose El Gothic. But be ready to pay a higher price.
- La Nova Esquerra de l’Eixample is one of the best areas to live in Barcelona. This neighbourhood is close to the city center but not so crowded, has multiple shops and restaurants, and boasts a wonderful architecture.The prices are lower too. Here you can definitely find beautiful flats for sale in Barcelona to the taste of everyone.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to find the perfect property to start a new page of your life in Barcelona.